📅 August 27th, 2021
BURNABY, B.C. — The Province of British Columbia has announced that starting on September 13th, individuals aged 12 and older will be required to have at least one (1) dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine to access certain businesses, events, and recreational/social settings.
By October 24, those individuals will then be required to have a second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Here’s what that means for ASHL participants in Armstrong, Burnaby, Langley, and North Vancouver:
- Personal Masks: As of August 25, the Province has re-introduced a mask order for all patrons born in 2009 or earlier (12+). Unless actively engaged in a sports activity on the ice or field, patrons will be required to wear a personal mask at all times while inside a Canlan Sports complex.
- Proof of Vaccination: Beginning on September 13, all ASHL participants and any spectators born in 2009 or earlier will be required to present proof of vaccination and a valid government ID to enter a Canlan Sports complex. The Province will subsequently require you to be fully vaccinated by October 24, and will be issuing additional information on how to download your proof of vaccination.
- Making an Appointment: If you have not yet been vaccinated and would like to make an appointment, please click here, or find a drop-in clinic.
As we get set to drop the puck for the ASHL Winter ’21/22 season in British Columbia, more than 575 teams have registered across the four locations and we can’t wait to safely get back to 🍂 + ❄ hockey.
We’re committed to working with the Province of British Columbia and its local Regional Health Authorities and will provide additional updates to our participants as they become available.
- Provincial Health Officer Mask Order for public indoor settings
- Proof of Vaccination requirements in BC